ALLIANCE COLLEGE ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Regular Quarterly Meeting
Via Telephone Conference
Saturday, July 27, 2019 – 11 AM EST
President Michael ‘Mike’ Anderson called the meeting to order at 12:03 PM EST.
Board members present (Terms expire 2020)
President Mike Anderson
Vice President James ‘Jim’ Koscielniak
Secretary Helen Tueffel
Treasurer Leslie ‘Les’ Rachocki
Officer Ex-Officio Celeste ‘Mickie’ Mickiewicz
Basia Adams (Term expires 2020)
Sally Day and Richard Day (Term expires 2020)
Aundrea Heschmeyer (Term expires 2022)
Randy Polovick (Term expires 2022)
Anna Berry (Term expires 2022)
Introduction and Approval of Last Meeting Minutes Mike Anderson
Mike Anderson called the meeting to order at 11:01 a.m., welcomed everyone to the meeting and thanked all for taking time to attend.
Mike also brought to everyone’s attention that Sally Day had volunteered her candidacy for the ACAA Treasurer position which is being vacated by Les Rachocki. Les will continue on indefinitely as Treasurer of the ACAA Foundation, however.
The last meeting’s minutes were not recorded, however an agenda was reviewed to cover topics of interest for the current meeting.
Treasurer’s Report: Les Rachocki
Due to the logistics of travel, Les did not provide a Treasurer’s report. The report will be made at the Alumni meeting on August 24th in Erie, PA.
Treasurer Candidacy: Discussion
Celeste moved to nominate Sally Day as ACAA Treasurer. Les seconded. The motion passed unopposed.
ACAA Survey Report: Helen Tueffel
Helen reviewed a survey that was launched on June 5th and closed on June 31st to poll alumni on how the ACAA is fulfilling its mission. The Powerpoint is attached to the email cover for these minutes.
Discussion following the presentation is summarized as follows:
- Aundrea said she had been contacted by someone who is organizing an independent regional reunion in New Jersey, who didn’t know that there were national reunions. This underscores the need to communicate more effectively on the reunion on to the alumni in general.
- Celeste and Helen will create a heat map of alumni home regions so we can review the possibility of some regional events.
- Mike agreed to develop a quarterly “President’s Corner” communication.
- Fundraising outreach for the scholarship foundation as well as solicitation of proposals for scholarship candidates will be accelerated.
- Celeste committed to creating a scholarship outreach rough draft for Aundrea to review.
- The summary survey results, as well as concrete plans to address any areas of concern, will be presented at the August 24th alumni meeting.
Website: Jim Koscielniak
Jim has worked with Chet to launch the 2019 solicitation for applicants for the ACAA Foundation scholarship. An online application is now available. So far, no completions of the application. Promotion will continue and all board members are encourage to spread the word!
Les and Sally will be copied on all website activity related to the Foundation.
August Alumni Meeting: Helen Tueffel and Jim Koscielniak
Helen Tueffel and Jim Koscielniak provide an overview of the activities for the alumni meeting in Erie, August 22-25.
- Mike Anderson is creating an agenda which Helen will format, send in advance, and have available for the meeting.
- Thursday the 22nd , at 3 p.m., all board members are invited to join Helen when she meets with Edie Joint Luniewski of the Zabawa Festival at the Holy Trinity Church social center regarding 2020 planning should we decide to hold our reunion that weekend. I recommend that David Matejczyk be part of the meeting so I will reach out to him (Helen Tueffel)
- Thursday, the 22nd, at 4:30, there will be a meeting with the catering manager of the Erie Yacht Club. Jim Koscieniak and Helen Tueffel are the guests of John Wroblewski, who is a member of the Club.
- Friday morning, August 23rd, there are two site visits. One at 9 and one at 11, of the two venues being considered for the 2020 reunion. Helen Tueffel needs to know if anyone wants to join and will send the meeting invitation. Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday at 5 p.m. is a social event at the new Riverside Brewing Company. If interested in attending, please let Jim or Helen know.
- Saturday morning is the alumni meeting: https://alliancecollege.com/alliance-college-alumni-association/ Comprehensive agenda to follow.
- Zabawa details are here: https://dioceseoferie.org/holytrinityrc/images/pdf/zabawa2019.pdf
- Aundrea is unable to attend in August.
August 24th, Erie, PA; Mirage Meeting Room, Hilton Garden Inn; 8 am. to 12 pm.
Motion to adjourn was made and seconded; we adjourned at 12:04 p.m. Eastern Time.
Helena Jolanta Tueffel