Looking Forward to a Brighter 2021: Membership, and Our Strong and Resilient Alumni Family
Happy Holidays, Wesołych Świąt and Season’s Greeting to everyone!
I hope you and yours are healthy and safe. I tend to be an optimist, and although 2020 has been a difficult and very different year, I and am confident this country will emerge from this pandemic stronger for having gone through the experience. Sadly, we have lost too many alumni, professors, administrators, staff and friends of Alliance College this past year. Our family isn’t as large as it once was, but I believe our connections are stronger than ever. We are all part of the Alliance Family at heart, even when we can’t be together in person.
Membership Renewal Drive
As we near the end of 2020, my thoughts are already looking ahead to the upcoming 2021 Alliance College Alumni Association Reunion. Like you, I am watching the news and hoping that we start to see an end to the social distancing and precautions once it is safe for us to gather together. It’s still a bit early to get into great detail about the event but it is never too early to reach out to your friends and fellow alumni and encourage them to join the Alliance College Alumni Association. Our goal as your board of directors, is to encourage renewal of memberships and new memberships. Active members will always be the first to get the updates on the Alliance College Reunion plans.
The Reunion wouldn’t be possible if we didn’t have the Alliance College Alumni Association and the many volunteers and small group of leaders who work hard to Keep the Spirit Alive.
Therefore, we are asking that you please take a moment to renew your membership, and think of extending it for two years, or investing in a lifetime membership.
If you renew your membership before the Reunion (by August 27th,) a one-year membership will be effective through October 2022, and a two-year membership through October 2023. And remember, membership is open to all Alliance College & Technical School alumni, staff, faculty, Honorable Doctorates, legacies, and friends.
How Your Dues Help Keep Us Connected
The ACAA operates very cost efficiently, but we do have expenses related to member benefits. These days, where being together is virtual, we have seen significant increases in visits to the ACAA Website and to the alumni Facebook page. I always enjoy seeing the posts and the comments, bringing back memories and having a few laughs. Below is a partial listing of the types of expenses that your dues offset, and below that are some important things to consider as you pay your dues today:
Your dues pay for:
- Updates, maintenance and hosting of the ACAA Website, the official website for the Alliance College Alumni Association, providing news, information and photographs of interest to Alliance College Alumni
- ACAA Facebook Page, a members-only forum for posting and reading information about alumni and alumni news
- Emails for Vertical Response email messaging service, used to communicate important news to Alliance College Alumni
- Expenses related to the attendance of honorary and special guests at the Reunion, such as professors, administrators and athletic coaches.
- Cards and memorial gifts to the family of alumni eternal upon the passing of an alumnus
- Reunion expenses not covered by registration fee income
- Annual non-profit license fee
- Meeting room rental for off-year meeting
Your dues do not pay for:
- Expenses incurred by ACAA board members for travel to bi-annual officer meetings
- Expenses of the Reunion committee related to organizing, planning or attending the bi-annual Reunion
Free Gift for Multiple Year Dues and Renewals
Membership dues are $25 per year. When you renew for two or more years, you can select a free gift – a reprint of one of two oil paintings completed by alumnus Helen (Dziob) Tueffel. A choice of either the Historic Riverside Inn (where we have shared many wonderful memories) or a scene on Polish Pond is available. We will contact you at your email address to get your choice and your mailing address to send your print.
To join or renew, please send your payment of $25 per year made out to ACAA, to:
ACAA Treasurer; Alliance College Alumni Association;
1332 Sharon Copley Unit #31
Sharon Center, OH 44274
I hope you take this opportunity to renew your membership as a gift to yourself and your fellow alumni.
Kind regards, Pozdrawiam!
Alliance College Alumni Association