In 2009, the Alliance College Alumni Association Foundation (ACAAF) was formed as a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organization, building on a $10,000 bequest from the estate of Helen Satoski. As a way to honor the spirit of Alliance College, to keep that spirit alive, and to promote and encourage post-secondary education, the ACAAF created an annual scholarship providing a $1,500 award to an eligible student. Thanks to the generosity of our alumni, the foundation funds have grown to over $30,000 and a scholarship has been awarded for each of the past six years. To date, all of the recipients have been related to Alliance alumni.
PREVIOUS AWARD WINNERS
- The 2017 Scholarship Award is Daniel S. Matejczyk who is attending the Ohio State University at Columbus; pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Finance with a minor in Psychology. Mr. Matejczyk transferred from Xavier University after his freshmen year and maintained a 3.3 GPA. Post-graduation, Mr. Matejczyk plans to pursue a career within the financial industry and continuing his education to earn an MBA.
- The 2016 winner is Emma J. Yokules, granddaughter of Milt and Felicia (Ilczuk) Bruce (AC 1967 and 1966 respectively). Emma is a junior at Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio where she is pursuing a degree in Education.
- The 2015 winner is Ashley Rutkowski, granddaughter of John Rutkowski (AC 1968). Ashley is a student at Berry College in Georgia where she is pursuing a degree in Theatre.
- The 2014 winner is Teresa Starzecki, daughter of Donna (Stypulkowski) Starzecki (AC 1984). Teresa is a student at the University of Connecticut where she is majoring in Physics. She is fluent in Polish and supports several Polish and community organizations.
- 2013 scholarship winner is Sofia Berry, daughter of Anna (Biernacki) Berry (AC 1983). She is a senior at Jamestown High School in Jamestown, NY with plans to pursue a career as an English teacher.
- 2012 scholarship winner is Joese Abbondanza. Her father and grandfather are both alumni of Alliance.
- 2011 scholarship winner is Kathryn Carone. Kathryn is a 2011 graduate of Hampton High School in Greenville, PA, and the daughter of Alliance College alumnus Greg Carone, (AC 1981, Alumni Eternal).
- 2010 scholarship winner is Emily Drzewiecki. Emily is the daughter of Margaret Wilkiewicz (AC 1984).