6/14/2022, 4:03 pm
In 2009, the Alliance College Alumni Association Foundation (ACAAF) was formed as a 501(c)(3), tax-exempt organization, building on a $10,000 bequest from the estate of Helen Satoski. As a way to honor the spirit of Alliance College, to keep that spirit alive, and to promote and encourage post-secondary education, the ACAAF created an annual scholarship providing a $1,500 award to an eligible student. Thanks to the generosity of our alumni, the foundation funds have grown to over $30,000 and a scholarship has been awarded for each of the past six years. To date, all of the recipients have been related to Alliance alumni.
PREVIOUS AWARD WINNERS
- The 2018 scholarship award recipient was Ray Kman who is attending the University of Notre Dame, pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering. Mr. Kman is the son of Edward and Namie Kman of Richfield, Ohio. His great grandfather, grandfather, and two great uncles are all Alliance College graduates.
- The 2018 scholarship award recipient was Ray Kman who is attending the University of Notre Dame, pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering. Mr. Kman is the son of Edward and Namie Kman of Richfield, Ohio. His great grandfather, grandfather, and two great uncles are all Alliance College graduates.The 2017 Scholarship Award is Daniel S. Matejczyk who is attending the Ohio State University at Columbus; pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, majoring in Finance with a minor in Psychology. Mr. Matejczyk transferred from Xavier University after his freshmen year and maintained a 3.3 GPA. Post-graduation, Mr. Matejczyk plans to pursue a career within the financial industry and continuing his education to earn an MBA.
- The 2016 winner is Emma J. Yokules, granddaughter of Milt and Felicia (Ilczuk) Bruce (AC 1967 and 1966 respectively). Emma is a junior at Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio where she is pursuing a degree in Education.
- The 2015 winner is Ashley Rutkowski, granddaughter of John Rutkowski (AC 1968). Ashley is a student at Berry College in Georgia where she is pursuing a degree in Theatre.
- The 2014 winner is Teresa Starzecki, daughter of Donna (Stypulkowski) Starzecki (AC 1984). Teresa is a student at the University of Connecticut where she is majoring in Physics. She is fluent in Polish and supports several Polish and community organizations.
- 2013 scholarship winner is Sofia Berry, daughter of Anna (Biernacki) Berry (AC 1983). She is a senior at Jamestown High School in Jamestown, NY with plans to pursue a career as an English teacher.
- 2012 scholarship winner is Joese Abbondanza. Her father and grandfather are both alumni of Alliance.
- 2011 scholarship winner is Kathryn Carone. Kathryn is a 2011 graduate of Hampton High School in Greenville, PA, and the daughter of Alliance College alumnus Greg Carone, (AC 1981, Alumni Eternal).
- 2010 scholarship winner is Emily Drzewiecki. Emily is the daughter of Margaret Wilkiewicz (AC 1984).